top of page

Safety in the Community - POLICE FAQ's

1. How do I place a non-emergency call?

Call 301-279-8000

  • Calls are held according to priority.

  • Be very clear and provide details and 'request to be seen'. These calls receive higher priority.

  • Invite officer to come into your home so you can explain the issue. By allowing the officer into your home, no one will know the nature of the call and others will not be suspicious.

2. How do I check status of a Police Report?

Call 240-773-6900.

If no report filed, ask to speak to a supervisor.

3. How do I request a copy of the Police Report?

When the police arrive, citizens receive a case number but no report. To obtain a report, you must go to:

Montgomery County Police Districts Headquarters

100 Edison Park Drive

Gaithersburg, MD 20878

The fee is $10.00. You must have your case #.

4. How do I report suspicious activity or patterns?


By Email: Emails go directly to Sergeant Wilcher. Please CC:

By Phone: Call Sergeant Wilcher at 240-773-6860 and leave detailed information.

See Flyer: "Don't be Afraid to Call Police. Additional flyers are available to be viewed at

bottom of page